How can I become a Host Home Provider?

If you are interested in becoming a host home provider feel free to visit our careers section of our website and complete the HHP Independent Contractor Application. You can also contact us to schedule an appointment or stop by our office at your earliest convenience.

What is developmental special needs?

Developmental special needs manifest before the person reaches twenty-two (22) years of age, which constitutes substantial special needs to the affected individual and is attributed to mental retardation or related conditions which include cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, or neurological conditions when such conditions result in impairment general intellectual functioning or adaptive behavior similar to that of a person with mental retardation. Unless otherwise specifically stated, the federal definition of “developmental special needs” found in 42 U.S.C 6000, et seq., shall not apply.

When was RCS established?

RCS has served the special needs population since 2008. The owner and Executive Director, Michelle Lee, has over 20 years of experience serving the special needs population in various capacities.

Where does RCS provide services?

RCS provides quality services in the Denver, Arapahoe, Adams, Lakewood, Weld, and Jefferson County areas and is quickly expanding through contracted Host Home Providers and Foster Care Agencies.

Host Home Provider FAQs

What is a Host Home Provider?

A host home provider is an individual or individual’s family who provides residential support and services in his/her home to persons with special needs in a family setting.

Do I need to have experience prior to becoming a Host Home Provider?

We require that you obtain the First Aid/CPR and the Medication Administration certification prior to finalizing the application process with RCS, however, if you do not possess those standard certifications, we can definitely provide the information on how and where you can get those completed. RCS will provide all state standard training as well as any extensive training needed to provide services and support for any potential resident.

What type of client can I expect to service in my home?

Each client has a unique health condition that can range from mild, moderate, or severe. Providers can serve adults 21 years and up in the DD system, however, an individual with special needs between the ages of 18 and 20 is capable of obtaining residential support and services in the adult program depending upon certain circumstances.

Does RCS also serve the elderly population?

Yes, RCS serves the elderly, blind, and special needs population in addition to young adults and middle-aged residents.

How am I compensated for providing services in my home?

Compensation for providing services is dispersed once a month at the RCS office.

After-Hours Assistance FAQs

When is After-Hours Assistance available?

RCS after-hours assistance will be available from 5 pm to 8 am Monday through Friday along with 24hr support on weekends and holidays.

How soon will I be contacted?

If a staff member is unavailable to take your call right away, you will be contacted within the next 24 hours.

If you have any additional questions, be sure to contact us today! Our team at Residential Care Services is always happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

Contact Us Today